Jerome here, we’re still very busy at Producteev. We’ve just released an updated version of our Mac App (after staying 2 months under review at Apple!).
See below what’s new:
+ Because security matters, our app is now sandboxed! The Producteev app runs in its private and safe environment.
All your previous files and datas will be moved to the secured location during the first launch.
+ See your cross-workspaces notifications in the new “Overview” section of the Notification Window.
+ Keyboard shortcuts are real time savers: You can now use cmd+W or Esc key to close “Add a new Task” and “Notifications” windows
+ We slightly redesigned the collaborators windows, we hope you’ll like it.
+ Better “Reset Data” feature: No need to be logged in anymore and allows you to delete all the Producteev’s files on your Mac (Prefs, Databases, Caches).
+ Even if you don’t have Growl installed on your computer, you’ll be able to see local notifications.
We also fixed a few things, here is a non-exhaustive list :
- Main Window invisible (off the screen) after launch
- It was impossible to click on/select the scrollbar in some areas of the Task panel.
- “Create a Subtask” text field is no longer reset after a sync.
- Keyboard shortcut for 4* is now working.
- Freeze on Snow Leopard if trying to delete the last subtask.
- Font misaligned while editing a Label
- Color of workspace title in Task List for selected row in the Overview.
Hope you’ll like that update, download it here : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/producteev/id450283360?mt=12
Jerome here, I’m happy to tell you that we just released an updated version of our iPhone app
This release does sport more than a new icon (we hope you’ll like it) and improved performances, we added a couple of important features and fixes:
- Files in Notes:
You can now add a picture or a short video (10 sec) to a note. And you’re now able to preview almost any kind of files right inside the app (Images, Videos, PDF, Office Documents, iWork Docs…)
- Timezone issue:
All dates in the app are now using your Producteev Timezone, this will prevent confusion for users who don’t have the same timezone in their web preferences and on their devices. Remember that you can change your Producteev Timezone in the Preferences of the app.
- Copy a task title:
Sometimes you need to copy/paste the title of a task in a text or an email. In your task list, just long press on a task!
- You can now add Labels and Subtasks in your native alphabet!
- We created a short tutorial to help you use the app, you’ll see it after your first login into the app.
- Completed Tasks are now at the bottom of your Task List for a few seconds then can be found in the “Completed” filters.
We hope you are going to like this one. If you want to share your thoughts about these news features or are experiencing bugs, please feel free to contact us.
The Producteev Team.
Ismael here, I am very excited about a big announcement on the Producteev Android app:
- Push Notifications -
We know you all have been waiting for this feature and we proudly bring it to you today.
First of all, this feature is activated by default when you first sign-up or login into the app. You can check the status of the feature in the Account screen (open the Menu to access it).
An then, it is pretty seamless. The notifications you’ll receive are the same as the one you receive through emails:
- reminders about a task deadline
- alerts when someone completed a task you follow (if you’re not already familiar with the task following feature, check this out:http://blog.producteev.com/new-on-the-web-app-new-design-more-space-task)
- alerts when a note has been posted on a task you follow
- alerts when a task has been assigned to you
Clicking on the notification will lead you to the task details screen up to date.
We hope you are going to like this one. If you want to share your thoughts about the feature or are experiencing bugs, please feel free to contact us.
The Producteev Team.
You might want to check out this Producteev Training from VM Associates.
They organize a webinar every Thursday at 11am EDT to get the most out of Producteev, learn the basics but also how to manage workspaces, delegate tasks and “get things done”.
For 45minutes they will go over Producteev navigation, use cases and best practises and will finish with 15minutes of Q&A.
You can signup for the Producteev 101 webinar here for $49 USD/webinar/person.
Summer is a challenging time for productivity in the office and in general!
You can’t deny that during summer the atmosphere at work is different: colleagues or clients go away on vacations, it’s warmer, and the office doesn’t seem to be the dream destination, but summer can be restorative and PRODUCTIVE following these few easy rules:
Plan in advance – Build a clear calendar as it will be important to organize yourself with a clear vision of when people go on vacations and make sure everyone in the teams also knows when others will be away.
Change priorities – Take advantage of this time with less people in the office to focus on projects that have been left behind and don’t require that many people. For example, business being slow might be a great opportunity to prioritize non-usual tasks: innovate, organize some brainstorming or team building sessions and get employees out of their comfort zones to do things that they wouldn’t do during the year.
Get ahead for September - Take advantage of the slower weeks to get ahead on tasks that will be difficult to schedule in the fall, for example, get the plans and schedules ready to have a clear vision of the strategy when fall starts.
Change the Schedule - Be realistic, summer is the key time to focus more on results that time spent in the office and generally it’s a good time to focus on high-energy time slots. For some people it typically is better to get earlier to work during summer as they have more energy than later in the day when it gets warmer when the idea of getting out of work becomes overwhelming.
Summer Hours & “Summer Fridays”
To eradicate the long Friday afternoons when employees can’t focus and just can’t wait to get out of the office, some companies especially here in the US choose to shorten Fridays and find out that not only it increases employees’ satisfaction but it also increases productivity. Unless their workload is too heavy, employees can then manage their time during the week to be out early on Friday or finish their week on Thursday nights. Of course to be successful summer hours need to meet company’s goals and not distract teams from main task.
Avoid Distractions – It will be hard especially during this big Summer of Sports with events as Euro 2012 and the Olympics which might affect productivity on the workplace. The important part is to define time to focus and time for entertainment whether is to take some special breaks as a team or for individuals.
Take time off – It can be few days or a week but taking time to chill out and disconnect from work will make a difference when the workload is back to normal in September.
Ilan here, I am very excited about a couple of announcements:
UPDATED DESIGN: MORE SPACE, BETTER ORGANIZED, FULL SCREEN NOTES
We’ve been trying to improve the design of our task detail (the third panel on the right) for a little while. We’ve received requests about the lack of space on the right, especially for the “Note” section. So, there you go, we made it MUCH better.
We’ve improved the layout and the way some of our features were presented, we put some in the top banner of the task detail, and the most important ones in the center of this panel, that is to say: due dates, assignation, label, priority and notes.
We’ve also added 20% more space to the task panel. But we thought we could still do better to let you enjoy collaboration around Notes in a better way.
You can now put your Notes on each task in “Full Screen”, and that’s awesome. No more explanation needed I guess, just way more space for discussions around tasks.
NEW HOT FEATURE: TASK FOLLOWERS
We had that feature baking for a while, you could already add followers to a task by mentioning people (@john for instance) in the note section, but it wasn’t enough.
Now, if anyone from your team needs to be aware of changes around a task, without being in charge of it, this feature is for you.
Example: there are five people in your team. You’re Bill, the CEO, there’s John, the manager below you, and there are 3 people, directly working with John: Sarah, Jack and Phil. If you want to assign a task to Sarah, and simply want John to be able to track that task, add him as a follower, and let the magic happen.
The follower of a task gets notified when a note is posted, there’s a change in the assignee or when the task gets checked off.
You can easily unfollow any task by mousing over the “following” button which turns into “unfollow”.
Anyone can add one of his colleagues as a follower of a task.
For many users, this feature will totally replace a “multi-assign” functionality.
We keep working on improving your experience on each of the platforms we’re supporting, hope you like this one guys!
To-do lists are hard, we all struggle with them. Sometimes they seem to take over our lives. We can’t let that happen!
Below are the top five signs you need to change your to-do list and how to make that happen.
- A disheveled appearance that’s no longer hipster. Messy hair and ’80s clothes work for residents of Williamsburg, Brooklyn. But looking a hot mess 24/7 and outside of New York City often indicates a lack of personal care. Not looking your best and paying inadequate attention to personal appearance is a faux pas in France. Nobody would be caught dead in sweatpants or Crocs over there! If you’re constantly throwing on scrubs and not working in the medical field, you may need to rearrange your to-do list. Remove things, for instance, that don’t need to be there. You’ll be happier and more likely to score a hot date, which is a win-win in our opinion. ;)
- Inability to carry on coherent conversations. Have you become a space cadet? Earth to Jane/John! Do you sometimes get emails thrown back at you due to not thoroughly reading them and failing to respond to all questions and concerns? You probably need to take a short break, so that your focus becomes sharper. Try the Pomodoro Technique if you haven’t already.
- Desks and desktops that are utterly out of control. Similar to personal appearance, our workspaces should be cared for and attended. Taking moments to organize your files each day, and clearing your desk - even once a week if you don’t have time everyday - will have huge impacts on time saved in the long run. Don’t make your life harder. Keep your workspaces clean and orderly. You’ll be better at getting your work done, we guarantee.
- People avoiding your increasingly curmudgeony ways. If you’ve morphed into a cranky, angry person nobody wants to be around and all your co-workers dodge you in the hallways - now is the time to get serious about work-life balance. Here’s a great guest post on strategies for work-life balance. Our relationship to work affects our personal relationships. Americans especially need to be more mindful of when to put more energy on the human side and less on the money making side.
- Complete exhaustion and on the verge of system meltdown. OK, you’re way overdue for that work-life balance. Follow user Tony Morgan and delegate whenever possible. Go back to basics and priorities. We can’t always get everything done that we want to - but we can work intelligently to get things done that we need to. Learn about the Covey Method for prioritization, from student user Aaron Couch. Have an amazing method of your own? We want to hear it in the comments!
At Producteev, we believe you can master your to-do list. Often, it’s just a matter of re-figuring things out. Learn more about conquering your to-dos, including the famous Getting Things Done framework, from business analyst Karl Burkum.
Yes, we’re live with a brand new home page, and we think it rocks, check it out here : www.producteev.com.
A few weeks ago we decided to redesign the Producteev home page. We liked the previous version, but we wanted to see if we could do better. Specifically we wanted to provide a better presentation of Producteev and its unique features. We were interested in less copy, more visuals, and a step by step presentation.
Down the road, we’ve noticed that visitors were mainly looking for three things: what we do, what makes us special, and how much the product costs. Based on feedback we focused on building a layout that would give all this information at a glance.
We came up with a fancy slideshow that first describes Producteev as an easy-to-use and cross platform task management application. Then we emphasized the fact that Producteev was great either if you use it as an individual or as part of a team. Finally, we highlighted the “mail-to-task” feature because we believe that one of our main goal is to get your tasks out of your e-mail inbox.
We also brought the sign up form right to the home page. We did it because we firmly believe that the best way to discover the added value of Producteev in your daily projects is to experience it by yourself instead of reading features descriptions here and there.
2012 has been a very exciting year so far. Lots of companies signed up for PRO accounts. We decided to give them some room on this new home page. We’re happy to introduce you to a few of them like Apple, Financial Times, Logitech, and lot of Small Businesses who make us proud to develop a better product for them, day after day. We’re looking forward to create a customer section on the website so we can present different successful use cases of Producteev in various industries.
We hope that this new home page will help building a wider and stronger Producteev community.
For reference, here was the previous design:
The new one:
Hope you enjoy it!
The Producteev User Experience team.
After the long wait (thank you for your patience), the subtasks feature has been released in the latest Android update. Download it here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.producteev.android.alpha22.
Right from the task details screen, you will be able to see the subtasks associated to it. If you click on the subtasks list, you will access the edit screen where you can add, delete (long click), check on/off and change the title (simple click) of a subtask.
This is pretty much following the same flow as the web app and the other native apps. The drag and drop re-ordering will come soon.
**This major feature release requires a complete upgrade of your local producteev database. If you decide to update the app, you will be logged out and on your next login, a complete fresh sync will occur for a few moment. All data -all tasks, workspaces, labels, notes- not synced with the web app will be lost, so make sure you do a full sync before the update.**
Please let us know if you have any comments or questions. The next features will be the social logins (google and facebook sign on) and the Android native push notifications.
Looking forward to your feedback.
The Producteev Android Team.