Jon in his Cherokee Six airplane.
"The most important thing about using Producteev is that I know things are getting done on time. It allows me to spend more time flying and doing other things I enjoy" - Jon Labrum Colorado-based business owner, pilot.
- separate workspaces
- recurring tasks
- meeting deadlines
- workload distribution
Producteev helps Jon Labrum manage a stream of back office support, including bookkeeping, time tracking, and payroll. “Producteev is simple and helpful,” he explains, “It’s the first task management app that works for a team, instead of just an individual.”
Jon’s team at Progressive Business Consulting has a bundle of workspaces, which they organize by client. Jobs are organized by label, the label “payroll” for instance. Their work resembles top-down processing, with Jon and one other co-manager creating all tasks. Items are then divided and assigned accordingly, often using Producteev’s bulk feature. “It’s not really ad hoc,” Jon clarifies, unlike a recent marketing team use case.
However, this type of workflow goes hand in hand with recurring tasks, which make the team’s work a lot easier. Tasks become automated and are planned well into the future, with notification reminders easily being automated and planned, as well. Weeks get very busy, so it helps that tasks can be set into motion and repeat when necessary.
The left sidebar comes in handy and allows sorting by filter, label, or people on the team. Jon can click on any one person’s name to have an overview of all their [public] tasks. As the admin of the workspace, Jon uses the the people tab regularly and finds it a very convenient tool for organizing their to-do list.
The members of Jon’s team at Progressive Business Consulting have unique work styles and similar to a team of scientists, Producteev adapts to their needs. Jon adds that the team manages their to-dos across multiple platforms. He uses the web app about 80% of the time and spends the other 20% managing tasks via email and iPhone. “I have Producteev open on a separate tab all day,” he adds, “a pc app would be ideal.”
We’re adding that to the wishlist. Let us know what else we can do to make Producteev your productivity tool of choice!