We’re very excited to share this news with you today. The alpha version of our own Android application has just hit the Android Market.
It allows you to view your dashboard, add To-Do lists, add Tasks, set reminders, put comments, assign them, change the status… View the Live Feed, post status messages, View your colleagues dashboards and post comments on your Colleagues’ tasks.
While it’s mostly stable, you might encounter some bugs that we’ll happily fix as soon as you report them to us. The Beta of this app is already in the works, and set to be released by September 1st with exclusive features :)
Leave us your feedback in the comments!
PS: Stay tuned for the Alpha 2.0 of the iPhone app very soon (totally better…)
Real Time Collaboration : Introducing Push Notifications
Everyone is talking about “Real Time” nowadays right?
Producteev is officially jumping into the bandwagon today, and is introducing some “Real Time” Collaboration features.
Indeed, @lasryaric has been telling us for a while : “I can do some push notifications on Producteev, let me do it!”, and we used to reply “Not on the roadmap yet…”. Classic Dev / Product team talks…
But finally, he took some nights and week-ends to show us that it was actually worth it, and indeed it was!
Introducing Real-Time Notifications on Producteev: When we say “Real-Time Collaboration” we are really saying that without refreshing your dashboard even once, you will see showing up in real time and highlighted :
- Tasks statuses udpated by your colleagues on shared tasks- New Shared To-Do lists- New shared tasks- New Comments- Tasks modified- Tasks sent by E-mail / IM and Twitter in your Recipient To-Do list
Here is a quick screencast I just did, unfortunately I cannot embed it… so here is the URL : http://screenjel.ly/o1H7walOdZM
Here is what I demo in this screencast : the scenario Josh and Eva are collaborating, they are students, I am on Josh’s dashboard.
1. Eva is creating a new Shared To-Do list (Finance Courses - Homework), showing up at the bottom, then I am dragging and dropping it2. Eva is commenting on Josh’s task called “PHPBB”, the task is highlighted and there’s a new comment in the picto (on the left side)3. Eva is adding a new task on our new Shared To-Do list (“Create the Brochure”)4. And changing the status of the task5. You can also notice the Gtalk notification window on the right that alerts me of a new task created.
All of this in REAL TIME, No refresh.
Now this is some cool stuff! Feedback appreciated!
Summer has started, but we are releasing more new features than ever at Producteev.
Today, I will tell you about a very useful feature : Building Custom Reports.
For several different reasons, our users need custom reporting for their datas, may it be by To-Do list, by tasks’ statuses, by tasks’ deadlines…
Imagine if you could send a weekly work report to your Boss in a few clicks? Later on we will provide you very interesting analytics on your productivity… Stay tuned!
A few simple steps to create your own customized reports :
1. Pick a name for your report. You can edit it later on2. Choose the categories you want to display in your report :> To-Do lists : just pick the categories you want to see in this report> Smart Filters : if you want to have detailed and filtered datas in this report, you need to create a “SmartBox” (our filter) first, and then choose pick this box to include in your report.3. If you want every info concerning your tasks (sharing, files attached, comments…), pick the “Full" report, otherwise, pick the "Light" one.4. You can receive your weekly or monthly by email5. Click Create, then download it in HTML or CSV, and hit “Save Report”!6. You can edit your reports as many times as you want
How do you like this new feature? What else would you add to the Reporting feature?
Feel free to react here or on YOUR forum : http://producteev.uservoice.com
Innovation : Producteev introduces the "Smart To-Do Lists"
Many of you asked for the ability to filter their tasks in their dashboard, which makes total sense.
We didn’t want to build any filter, so we built the “Smart To-Do list” feature. What do they do?
1. First, click on the “Create a SmartBox” button
2. Pick the different filters you want to add to your Smart Box, example : I want to see all the tasks done from June 15th to June 28th, shared with John.
3. Click on “Save your smart filter” and a New Box will be created with a different look and feel and all the tasks filtered
Soon, we’ll be able to provide you with lots of fascinating stats about your team’s productivity thanks to those smart filters!
Hope you like them!
It was one of the most requested features, and there you go, we launched it today.
Basically the problem that you used to have is simple, different colleagues could be working on the same project, but each one had to create its own box about this project, and nothing was synced. Now it’s fixed
Two ways to create “Shared To-Do lists” :
1. From the New “Add a To-Do list” Button on the top of your dashboard, just click on “Create a Shared To-Do list” and pick the colleagues you want to share the box with
2. From a box already created, go to “Modify”, then “Share with”, and pick the names of your colleagues. Done.
The To-Do list will be instantly (in push) duplicated in your colleagues’ dashboards, and everyone involved has the same rights to add a task, change a deadline, add a file,… Every action will remain synced in Real-Time!
We’ll be happy to hear your feedback on this new feature!
To become an even more powerful and robust Task Management application, we wanted to bring you more features, much more features. Here they are :
- Set a context to your tasks : Home / Mobile / Office
- Progression Bar : you can set the completion on every task, and see it even when the task detail pop up is closed
- Set a deadline : Now you can set a deadline to all your tasks and set a reminder. We’ll introduce soon a new timeline view with your deadlines + an export to your fav calendars
- Snooze : Thanks to this feature you can create Recurrent Tasks, which was a greatly requested feature. Daily, Weekly, Montly, you choose!
- Ping : My favorite new feature :) Now you can Ping your colleagues about a task you shared with them. What does it mean? Select their names, and click on Ping, it is going to send a notification on all of their services connected to Producteev (email, IM, twitter…)
- Attach a file to a task : YAY! Now you can attach a file to any task, and every file will be stored and opened from the “Files” tab. We are trying to keep our 3 tabs (Dashboard, Live Feed and Files) interconnected to each other
- Assign a task to a colleague from the Task Detail : Just select the names, and click “Share”, it’s that simple.
Hope you like those new features, and please continue to give us your feedback, we love it!
Stay tuned for more disruptive developments very soon :)
Vote for Producteev at the Enterprise 2.0 Conference!
Launch Pad 2009 at the Enterprise 2.0 Conference in Boston attracted lots of interest. About 30 companies have signed up to pitch their new products. Producteev is one of them!
If you’d like to see us on stage, vote for us!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Literally 3 months after we submitted our iPhone/iPod application to Apple, well it’s finally there, on the AppStore!
I need to clarify a few things about this application, and the story behind it…
1. The first version of the application was free, but Apple rejected it, because “they didn’t understand the business model behind it”, so to make it accepted, we had to set a low price on it : $1.99…
2. This is a V1, the V2 will be released in 1 month, and this one is going to rock!
We will be soon announcing the support for other mobile platforms soon, stay tuned!
Hi everyone, We wanted to welcome all of our users to our new home for everything Producteev : new features, tutorials, use cases, market updates… This is also the right place to get directly in touch with the Producteev team, along with our forum at UserVoice : http://producteev.uservoice.com, and our prolific Twitter account : http://www.twitter.com/producteev. Enjoy!